Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
Age: 39 Years
- Graduated from Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi.
- B. Arch from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, Gurgaon
- Honed art & painting skills under the tutorage of established artists, Mrs. Shobha Broota, Mrs. Ritu Sangal, Mr. Rohit Sharma.
Postal address: B-415,
Ground Floor, New Friends Colony,
New Delhi – 110025, India
About the Artist
Parul Mehra is an Artist by passion & an architect by training. She has been composing art works since her school days & her architectural studies enhanced her experience with colors, textures, materials & dimensions. While working in the construction & interiors industry, she was drawn towards the world of Art & is now a full - time Artist.
Her relationship with Art:
- “My art is an expression of my dreams, my world in bright hues”
- “This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my subconscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life.”
- “Sometimes, these artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.”
- Parul Mehra believes that Art is a very powerful medium of communication and all the arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- Her artworks reflect & resonate a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel her themes, primarily revolving around nature.
- Her colour palette is usually bright with varied hues & she believes that if an artist is intrinsically blithe then the artwork created by that artist can create an aura of positivity around it!
Exhibitions & Collaboration
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “In Transcendence “ at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature , New Delhi, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club Gurgaon, along with Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition of paintings “An Inner Journey “ at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Paintings were selected by the NGO ‘Khushii’ for charity auction in Pune, January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition with the Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” along with the NGO ‘Bachpan Bachao Aandolan’ & Mr.Kailash Satyarathi at India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Product Exhibition at Chattarpur, New Delhi, April 2015 (Hand Painted Kettles)
- Group exhibition for charity to donate for victims of Nepal earthquake, at India Habitat Centre, Visual Arts Gallery - “Artists for Nepal” , New Delhi, July 2015.
- Paintings selected for exhibition at Art Junction Gallery, Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at Taj Bengal, Kolkata, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “Ray of Hope “at the American Centre with Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue “at Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participated at art camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, February 2016.
- Group exhibition – “Stree “, at Art Mall, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition with “Art Insight Medium “(AIM) at Balgandharva Kaladaan, Pune, October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studious , Noida , November 2016.
- Collaboration with Art Throng, Mumbai.
- Collaboration with Rugs & Beyond, New Delhi
- Online collaboration with “Bestcollegeart.com“ Delhi based company
- Artworks exhibited online, www.mondeart.com, with Monde Art, Goa.
- Collaboration with H II H , studio Mumbai , October 2017.
- Artistic Partner for TEDx event at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi, December 2016.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy Of Colors “ , New Delhi , February 2017.
- Art Facilitator for theatre production with Dreaming Child Productions, Delhi June ‘17
- Group Art Show, at Centrum Mall Gurgaon, Golf course road, May 2017.
- Art show – Monsoon Magic in collaboration with Purple Sunshine, at The Holiday Club, Panchsheel Enclave, New Delhi, August 2017.
- Knotty Tales group exhibition at The Marriot Hotel, Ahemdabad, Gujarat, India- August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela : Group show at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts & Lalit Kala academy, in collaboration with Art Mall , New Delhi – February 2018
- Public arts festival “Imagine “ at Nehru Park, New Delhi, in collaboration with “ The Hindustan Times “ – March 2018
- Triveni Kala Sangam, exhibition titled – “GREY“, In May 2018, Group show in collaboration with Kala Care group
- Art exhibition with Imag India, for clean India campaign – August 2018.
- Dreamscapes Solo show: India Habitat Center, Lodi Road, New Delhi – November 2018.
- Solo exhibition at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, Janpath, New Delhi . November 2018.
- Group show at India Habitat Centre with Inner Art Konnect, Open Palm Court, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition at Marwah Studios, Film City , Noida , January 2019
- Working as Art Consultant for a project dealing in European / Indian art, along with a collector.
- Conducted art & story telling workshops with kids – summer camp, New Friends Colony, New Delhi (2012)
- Inauguration of Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, Noida, December 2018.
- Part of Radio & Tv shows at Marwah Studios Noida, for women’s empowerment, January 2019.
- Member of group & panel discussions with women entrepreneurs at initiative of Delhi government, for women empowerment, December 25th, birthday celebrations of late PM Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. December 25th 2018.
- Conclave member and participant at panel discussion at Delhi Universit, January 2019, in collaboration with “ She Wings “ - Yes I Bleed campaign
Upcoming art shows/projects
- Solo exhibition at Rara Art House Café, Connaught Place, New Delhi. January 2019.
- Solo booth – Imagine Arts festival with The Hindustan Times publication, Nehru Park, New Delhi, February 2019.
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, Sirifort, New Delhi, March 2019.
Member of the following organizations
- Council Of Architecture, India
- MSVVA : Modern School ,Vasant Vihar , New Delhi. Part of Alumni magazine Editorial Board & Batch Co-ordinators Committee
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi , Lodi road : New Delhi
- Divyashakti (NGO) , one of the founding members
- Artist In Residence – Imagindia organization based in New Delhi
Awards & Recognition
- Received award, by Imagindia for initiating & propagating Clean India movement, through Art. August 2018, New Delhi.
- Received award for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan under the aegis of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, December 2018.
- Drafted proposal for Arts & Culture in Delhi, for manifesto by Congress Party, as part of round table discussion with Shri Shashi Tharoor. (Member Parliament)
- Received momento at Marwah Studios, Film City Noida, for inaugural ceremony of Delhi International arts Festival.
- Received momento at Marwah Studios, Film City Noida, for inaugural ceremony of 12th International festival of cellphone cinema.