Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
Age: 39 Years
- Graduated from Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi.
- B. Arch from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, Gurgaon, New Delhi
- Honed art & painting skills under the tutorage of renowned artists, Mrs. Shobha Broota, Mrs.Ritu Sangal, Mr. Rohit Sharma & Mr.Naresh Kapuria.
- Self -taught artist trained & participated in workshops with tribal artists, along with Cyanotypes techniques, delved in Coffee Art & other disciplines.
About the Artist
Parul Mehra is an Artist by passion & an architect by training. She has been composing art works since her school days & her architectural studies enhanced her experience with colors, textures, materials & dimensions. While working in the construction & interiors industry, she was drawn towards the world of Art & is now a full - time Artist.
Parul’s artistic ethos:
- “My art is an expression of my dreams, my world in bright hues”
- “This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my subconscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life.”
- “Sometimes, these artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.”
- She believes that Art is a very powerful medium of communication and all the arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- Her artworks reflect & resonate a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel her themes, primarily revolving around nature.
- Her colour palette is usually bright with varied hues & she believes that if an artist is intrinsically blithe then the artwork created by that artist can create an aura of positivity around it!
- Parul Mehra …. collaborates with like minded gallerists/ curators / artist groups all over India. She strongly believes in creating social impact through art & also to sensitize citizens for varied issues.
- Her works & artistic ideologies have been featured in some of India’s top art magazines , such as Colours Canvas / Creative Minds / Art & Design.
Exhibitions & Collaboration
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “In Transcendence “ at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature , New Delhi, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club Gurgaon, along with Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition of paintings “An Inner Journey “ at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Paintings were selected by the NGO ‘Khushii’ for charity auction in Pune, January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition with the Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” along with the NGO ‘Bachpan Bachao Aandolan’ & Mr.Kailash Satyarathi at India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Product Exhibition at Chattarpur, New Delhi, April 2015 (Hand Painted Kettles)
- Group exhibition for charity to donate for victims of Nepal earthquake, at India Habitat Centre, Visual Arts Gallery - “Artists for Nepal” , New Delhi, July 2015.
- Paintings selected for exhibition at Art Junction Gallery, Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at Taj Bengal, Kolkata, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “Ray of Hope “at the American Centre with Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue “at Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participated at art camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, February 2016.
- Group exhibition – “Stree “, at Art Mall, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition with “Art Insight Medium “(AIM) at Balgandharva Kaladaan, Pune, October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studious , Noida , November 2016.
- Collaboration with Art Throng, Mumbai.
- Collaboration with Rugs & Beyond, New Delhi
- Online collaboration with “Bestcollegeart.com“ Delhi based company
- Artworks exhibited online, decotarium.com, Goa.
- Collaboration with H II H , studio Mumbai , October 2017.
- Artistic Partner for TEDx event at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi, December 2016.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy Of Colors “ , New Delhi , February 2017.
- Art Facilitator for theatre production with Dreaming Child Productions, Delhi June ‘17
- Group Art Show- Elegancy of Colors, at Centrum Mall Gurgaon, Golf course road, May 2017.
- Art show – Monsoon Magic in collaboration with Purple Sunshine, at The Holiday Club, Panchsheel Enclave, New Delhi, August 2017.
- Knotty Tales group exhibition at The Marriot Hotel, Ahemdabad, Gujarat, India- August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela : Group show at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts & Lalit Kala academy, in collaboration with Art Mall , New Delhi – February 2018
- Public arts festival “Imagine “ at Nehru Park, New Delhi, in collaboration with “ The Hindustan Times “ – March 2018
- Triveni Kala Sangam, exhibition titled – “GREY“, In May 2018, Group show in collaboration with Kala Care group
- Art exhibition with Imag India, for clean India campaign – August 2018.
- Dreamscapes Solo show: India Habitat Center, Lodi Road, New Delhi – November 2018.
- Solo exhibition at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, Janpath, New Delhi . November 2018.
- Group show at India Habitat Centre with Inner Art Konnect, Open Palm Court, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition at Marwah Studios, Film City , Noida , January 2019
- Solo exhibition at The Rara Art House Café , Connaught place , New Delhi , January 2019
- Solo booth – Imagine Arts festival with The Hindustan Times publication, Nehru Park, New Delhi, Feburary 2019.
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Arts & Literature. All India participation March 2019
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Arts & Literature. All India Women’s participation April 2019
- Exhibition for World Environment Day, at Mangolian Embassy, New Delhi, June 2019.
- Working as Art Consultant for a project dealing in European / Indian art, along with a collector.
- Conducted art & story telling workshops with kids – summer camp, New Friends Colony, New Delhi (2012)
- Inauguration of Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, Noida, December 2018.
- Part of Radio & Tv shows at Marwah Studios Noida, for women’s empowerment, January 2019.
- Member of group & panel discussions with women entrepreneurs at initiative of Delhi government, for women empowerment, December 25th, birthday celebrations of late PM Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Constitution Club of India, December 25th 2018
- Conclave member and participant at panel discussion at Delhi Universit, January 2019, in collaboration with “ She Wings “ - Yes I Bleed campaign
- Working in collaboration with art curators based in Goa / Delhi / Mumbai
Upcoming art shows/projects
- Khushii Charity foundation event at Bikaner House, New Delhi, August 2019
Member of the following organizations
- Council Of Architecture, India
- MSVVA : Modern School ,Vasant Vihar , New Delhi. Part of Alumni magazine Editorial Board & Batch Co-ordinators Committee
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi , Lodi road : New Delhi
- Divyashakti (NGO) , one of the founding members
- Artist In Residence – Imagindia organization based in New Delhi
Awards & Recognition
- Received award, by Imagindia for initiating & propagating Clean India movement, through Art. August 2018, New Delhi.
- Received award for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan under the aegis of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, December 2018.
- Drafted proposal for Arts & Culture in Delhi, for manifesto by Congress Party, as part of round table discussion with Shri Shashi Tharoor. (Member Parliament)
- Received momento at Marwah Studios, Film City Noida, for inaugural ceremony of Delhi International arts Festival.
- Received momento at Marwah Studios, Film City Noida, for inaugural ceremony of 12th International festival of cellphone cinema.
- Received award & presented artwork to General G.D. Bakshi at 6th NAARI GAURAV SAMMELAN, organized by Rajasthani academy. New Delhi, at India Habitat Centre, March 2019.
- Felicitation & award received by Delhi Lions Club & Mangolian Embassy , June 2019
Important collections & collectors
- Taj Group of Hotels, Kolkata
- Tata’s group of companies, Tata steel, Jamshedpur
- Mangolian Embassy, New Delhi
- Vasant Valley School, New Delhi
- Alliance Francaise , New Delhi
- General G. D. Bakshi , retd. Indian Army
- Dr. Anupam Sibbal, Director Apollo group of hospitals
- Rajasthani Academy, New Delhi
- Khushii Foundation, New Delhi
- Sunita Kohli, Interior Designer, New Delhi
- Roopa Sood, Interior Designer, New Delhi
- Mr. Bindeshwar Pathak, Founder Sulabh International