Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
- Graduate of Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, India
- Batchelor of Architecture from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, India
- Mixed Media certification course, Lasalle College, Singapore
About the Artist
Parul is an architect by training. Her architectural education trained her to work with building materials, study dimensions & scale along with the understanding of spatial perspective. While working on architectural projects, she was practicing her artistic skills as a hobby. Encouraged by the response of her first solo show in New Delhi, she turned to the art world full time. She’s currently based in Singapore.
- This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my sub-conscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life. Sometimes my artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.
- I believe art is a very powerful medium of communication and all arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- My artworks reflect a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel my themes. My themes are focused around the bounty of nature. As a creative entity I feel that giving back to Mother Earth is a must.
- During the global lockdowns of nations due to the Covid- 19 pandemic, humans have bonded & connected via non-touch mediums. This has enhanced our subconscious telepathic communication & empathy. While a start, we still have a long way to go before we realize our oneness with the Universe.
- While a lot of my work reflects the above thought process, I look forward to collaborating with like-minded artists to subtly communicate this message to the world.
- In addition, I eagerly participate in art collectives & contribute to charities that create real & positive social impact.
- Featured in Publications:
- Colours Canvas magazine - New Delhi
- Indian Creative Minds magazine - New Delhi
- Art & Design magazine- New Delhi
- Cosmopolitan magazine- New Delhi
- The Hindustan Times publication
- The Times of India daily newspaper - India
- The Asian Age - India
- Dainik Jagran Hindi newspaper – India
- The Morning Standard - New Delhi
- The Sunday Guardian newspaper - New Delhi
- The Daily News, Jamshedpur - India
- The Hindu newspaper - India
- Jansatta Hindi newspaper - India
- Virat Vaibhav Hindi newspaper – New Delhi
- Country and politics online magazine
- Jaamzin online art magazine - Singapore, November 2020
- The Ekphrastic review – online poetry magazine , December 2020
- Art feature in Lux Lucet, International art magazine- London, February 2021
- Featured art blogs on Artiste Culture website.
- Artist Talk, International Magazine featured works under theme of “ People & Places” – January 2022
Exhibitions & Collaborations
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “ In Transcendence ” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, India, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club with Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy OF Art & Literature, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition “An Inner Journey” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Painting exhibition for NGO “Khushii”, (Maharashtra), India, January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition of Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” in collaboration with “ Bachpan Bachao Aandolan” (helping victims of underage child labor) along with Mr. Kailash Satyarathi (Nobel Laureate) at The India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Product Exhibition - Painted kettles at a lifestyle show, New Delhi, April 2015
- Group exhibition, fundraiser for Nepal earthquake victims, with Gallery Blueprint 12, at The India Habitat Centre - “Artists for Nepal”, New Delhi, July 2015.
- Group show at The Art Junction Gallery, The Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at The Taj Bengal, hotel Kolkata, India, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “ Ray of Hope” at The American Centre, with Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue“ at The Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participation at Art Camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, at Jamshedpur headquarters, India, February 2016.
- Group show – “Stree”, on International Women’s Day at “ The Art Mall Gallery “, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition “Art Insight Medium” at Balgandharva Kaladan, (Maharashtra), India, October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studios, Noida (New Delhi), November 2016.
- Collaboration with H II H lifestyle store, Mumbai, India, October 2017.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “ Elegancy of Colors”, New Delhi, February 2017.
- Group Art Show, at Centrum Mall Gurgaon (New Delhi) May 2017.
- Online exhibition with Rugs & Beyond, New Delhi, July 2017.
- Online exhibition, Decotarium, (Maharashtra),India, August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela: Group show at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, New Delhi – February 2018
- Solo booth at public arts festival “Imagine”, with The Hindustan Times newspaper – New Delhi, March 2018
- Group show titled – “GREY”, with Kala Care group, at The Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi, May 2018.
- Solo exhibition with Imag India, for clean India campaign, at Constitution Club of India – New Delhi, August 2018.
- “Dreamscapes” Solo exhibition, at The India Habitat Center, New Delhi, November 2018
- Solo exhibition along with Imag India at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi, November 2018.
- Group show at The India Habitat Centre, with Inner Art Konnect, New Delhi, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition at Marwah Studios, Film City, Noida (New Delhi), January 2019
- Solo exhibition at The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, January 2019.
- Solo booth at “Imagine Arts Festival” , along with The Hindustan Times newspaper, New Delhi, February 2019.
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Fine Art & Literature, for International Women’s Day, New Delhi, March 2019
- Group show “CHARULATA”, Bristol Hotel, Gurgaon (New Delhi) May 2019
- Solo exhibition at Mongolian Embassy, for World Environment Day, New Delhi, June 2019
- Duet show, Monsoon edit at The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, July 2019.
- Group show: All India women artist exhibition, on Woman’s Day, at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, March 2020.
- “The Spirit Remains Unlocked” online group show for The Art Route, July 2020
- Online exhibits on Saatchi art, August 2020.
- Online exhibits on ArtMo social art portal, September 2020.
- “Confluence of Expressions” , online exhibition by Zervas Art Club March 2021.
- Group exhibition “ The rule of Narrative -II ” with Gnani Arts gallery, Singapore, March 2021
- “The Artist Story”, International exhibition, with Artiste Culture organization, April 2021.
- Group exhibition online “And she slays the demon”, with Gnani Arts Gallery & Singapore Red Cross – fund raiser for Covid 19 crisis in India, May 2021
- International online exhibition, “Confluence of Expressions – II”,Zervas Art Club, July 2021
- Online art on Gumroad & ArtStation web portals, August 2021.
- Group exhibition on Gandhi Jayanti, at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, October 2021
- Artsy online, solo show “Natural Entity” with Gnani arts gallery, Singapore January ’22
- Indian High commission project, celebrating 75 years of India’s independence, Feb. ’22, Singapore.
- Confluence of Expressions – III, by Zervas Art Club, March ‘22
- “Unlocked” group exhibition by “The Art Route Gallery” Gurgaon, India, March ‘22
- Conducted art & story telling kids workshops – New Delhi (2012)
- Artistic Partner for TEDx Talk, New Delhi (2016)
- Art Facilitator for Dreaming Child Productions, New Delhi (2017)
- Inaugurated Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, Noida New Delhi (2018)
- Radio interview at Marwah Studios Film City, for Women’s Empowerment in India, January 2019.
- Participant at panel discussion for women empowerment. The Constitution Club of India, New Delhi, December 2018.
- Participant at panel discussion, Delhi University, “Yes I Bleed Campaign” to support cause of menstrual hygiene of under privileged women, January 2018.
- Tv interviews with Delhi Doordarshan for cultural programs.
- Mentoring students with Sarvam Foundation.
- Collaborations with Artiste Culture for art mentorship.
- Works featured in Art Calendars by “Little India Foundation”. Sale proceeds for charity for homeless children in India.
- Panelist on webinar on World Environment Day, hosted by ICHR, June 2021.
- Kids art workshop at club 1880, July & November 2021, Singapore
- Judge for inter school art contest, hosted by Modern School, Faridabad branch, October 2021, Delhi
- Works featured in online charity auction, club 1880, December 2021, Singapore
- Solo show – December 2022, Singapore
Member of the following organizations
- Council of Architecture (India)
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi, New Delhi
- Imag India Institute, New Delhi.
- Member of National Gallery, Singapore
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded by Imag India for spreading message of Clean India campaign. Constitution Club of India, August 2018, New Delhi.
- Award for “ Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan ” in lieu of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, ( for Women Empowerment) December 2018.
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida (New Delhi) inaugural ceremony of Delhi International Arts festival
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida (New Delhi) at the 12th International festival for Cellphone Cinema
- Awarded by Rajasthani Academy, The India Habitat Centre, at 6th Naari Gaurav Sammelan, March 2019
- Awarded by Delhi Lions Club and Mongolian Embassy, June 2019.
- Received certification from “Social Action Foundation”, as “Corona Warrior” April 2020.
- Awarded by AAFT, “Dr. Sarojini Naidu International award for working women”, September 2021.
- Awarded by Zervas Art Club, March 2022.
Selected Institutional patronage
- Taj Group of Hotels, Kolkata
- Tata Steel Company, Jamshedpur
- Mongolian Embassy, New Delhi
- Marwah Studios, Film City, New Delhi
- Rajasthani Academy, New Delhi.
- Khushii Foundation, New Delhi
- The RARA, Art House Café, New Delhi