Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
- Graduated from Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, India
- B. Arch from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, Gurgaon, India
Mobile: Singapore: +65 8878 0419 | India: +91 98180 99331
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter : https://twitter.com/parul_mehra
About the Artist
Parul Mehra is an architect and visual artist by training. Her architectural studies enhanced her experiences with colors, textures, materials & dimensions. While working successfully in the construction & interiors industry, she was drawn towards the bright world of art. She is currently working out of Singapore & New Delhi.
- “This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my subconscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life.”
- “Sometimes my artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.”
- I believe art is a very powerful medium of communication and all arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- My artworks reflect & resonate a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel my themes.
- My colour palette is bright with varied hues & I believe that if an artist is intrinsically blithe then the artwork created by that artist can create an aura of positivity around it !
- Collaborating with like-minded gallerists/ curators / artist groups all over India & Singapore gives me immense pleasure. I believe in creating social impact through art & often associate with relevant social causes.
- Publications where my work has been featured :
- Colours Canvas magazine - New Delhi
- Indian Creative Minds magazine - New Delhi
- Art & Design magazine- New Delhi
- Cosmopolitan magazine- New Delhi
- The Hindustan Times publication
- The Times of India publication
- The Asian age
- Dainik jagran Hindi news publication
- The Morning Standard
- The Sunday Guardian publication
- The Daily news, Jamshedpur
- The Hindu publication - New Delhi
- Jansatta Hindi newspaper publication
- Virat Vaibhav Hindi newspaper
- Country and politics publication – New Delhi
Exhibitions & Collaboration
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “In Transcendence” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club Gurgaon, Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition of paintings “An Inner Journey” at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Paintings for NGO Khushii, Pune, January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” along with the NGO ‘Bachpan Bachao Aandolan’ & Mr.Kailash Satyarathi at India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015
- Product Exhibition- Painted kettles at New Delhi, April 2015
- Group exhibition for Nepal earthquake, India Habitat Centre, Visual Arts Gallery - “Artists for Nepal”, New Delhi, July 2015.
- Paintings exhibition at Art Junction Gallery, Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at Taj Bengal, Kolkata, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “Ray of Hope “at the American Centre, Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue“ at The Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participation at art camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, February 2016.
- Group exhibition – “Stree “, at The Art Mall, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition “Art Insight Medium “(AIM) at Balgandharva Kaladaan, Pune, October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studios, Noida, November 2016.
- Collaboration with H II H retail store, Mumbai, October 2017.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy of Colors “, New Delhi, February 2017.
- Group Art Show, at Centrum Mall Gurgaon, May 2017.
- Art show – Monsoon Magic, The Holiday Club, New Delhi, August 2017.
- Knotty Tales exhibition, The Marriot Hotel, Ahemdabad, Gujarat - August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela: Group exhibition, Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts & Lalit Kala academy, New Delhi – February 2018
- Public arts festival “Imagine”, with “The Hindustan Times” newspaper – New Delhi, March 2018
- Triveni Kala Sangam, exhibition titled – “GREY “, In May 2018, Group show in collaboration with Kala Care group
- Art exhibition with ImagIndia, for clean India campaign – August 2018.
- Dreamscapes Solo show: India Habitat Center, New Delhi – November 2018
- Solo exhibition, Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi- November 2018.
- Group show at India Habitat Centre with Inner Art Konnect, Open Palm Court, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition at Marwah Studios, Film City, Noida, January 2019
- Solo exhibition: Rara The Arthouse Café, New Delhi, January 2019.
- Solo booth at Imagine Arts Festival, along with The Hindustan Times newspaper, February 2019.
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of fine art & literature, March 2019
- Group show “CHARULATA”, Bristol Hotel, Gurgaon, May 2019
- Solo exhibition, Mangolian Embassy, for World Environment Day, Delhi, June 2019
- Duet show, Monsoon edit at Rara The Arthouse Café, New Delhi, July 2019.
- Group show: All India women artist exhibition, Woman’s Day, at Arpana Caur’s academy of art & literature, March 2020.
- “The Spirit Remains Unlocked” online virtual series for “The Art Route”, July 2020
- Online exhibits on Saatchi art, International portal, August 2020.
- Online exhibits on ArtMo social art International portal, September 2020.
- Art featured in Jaamzin art magazine Singapore, October 2020.
- Conducted art & story telling workshops for kids – Summer camp, New Delhi (2012)
- Artistic Partner for TEDx event at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi, December 2016.
- Art Facilitator for theatre production with Dreaming Child Productions, Delhi June ‘17
- Online exhibits with Rugs & Beyond, New Delhi, July 2017.
- Online exhibits, www.decotarium.com, Goa, August 2017.
- Inaugurated Delhi International Arts festival, Marwah Studios, Noida, December 2018.
- Radio & TV show at Marwah Studios Noida, for women’s empowerment, January 2019.
- Member of panel discussion for women empowerment. The Constitution Club of India, in lieu of late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth celebrations, New Delhi, December 2018.
- Member of panel discussion, Delhi University, “Yes I Bleed Campaign” to support cause of menstrual hygiene of under privileged women, January 2018.
- Tv interviews with Delhi Doordarshan & other channels for cultural programs. Participated in online interviews “ Dil Kii Awaaz” & “ Spirit remains unlocked ” during the global pandemic . (June / July 2020)
- Mentoring young students for art, along with Sarvam Foundation, New Delhi
- Artiste Culture, collaboration with India based curator Ms. Sunaina Misra.
- Art Calendar 2021 for Little India Foundation. Sale proceeds will be for charity.
Member of the following organizations
- Council Of Architecture, India
- MSVVA: Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi. Part of Alumni magazine Editorial Board
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi, New Delhi
- Artist in Residence – Imagindia Institute New Delhi.
- Member of National Gallery, Singapore
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded by Imagindia for Clean India campaign. August 2018, New Delhi.
- Award for “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan” in lieu of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, December 2018.
- Awarded at Marwah studios, film city Noida, inaugural ceremony of Delhi International Arts festival
- Awarded at Marwah studios, film city Noida, at the 12th International festival for cellphone cinema
- Awarded by Rajasthani Academy, India Habitat Centre, at 6th Naari Gaurav Sammelan, March 2019
- Awarded by Delhi Lions club and Mongolian Embassy, June 2019.
- Received certification from “Social Action Foundation”, as “Corona Warrior” spreading art through various discussions online during the global pandemic. August 2020
Selected Institutional patronage
- Taj Group of Hotels, Kolkata
- Tata Steel, Jamshedpur
- Mangolian Embassy, New Delhi
- Marwah studios, Film City, Delhi
- Rajasthani Academy, New Delhi.
- Khushii Foundation, New Delhi
- RARA, The Art House Café, New Delhi