Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
- Graduate (Primary & secondary education, certified by CBSE) at Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, India
- Bachelor of Architecture from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, India
- Mixed Media short course, Lasalle College, Singapore
- Perspective drawing short course, Lasalle College, Singapore
- Certified Reiki student, Level 2 – Singapore
About the Artist
Parul is an architect by qualification. Her architecture course enabled her to work with building materials, study dimensions & the understanding of spatial perspectives. While working on projects, she was also practicing her artistic skills alongside. Encouraged by the response of her debut show in New Delhi(India) & with the strong support of her art mentors she turned to the art world as a professional artist. She’s currently based in Singapore.
Parul’s artworks are part of private collections in countries such as Ireland, Dubai, Australia, London, India & Singapore. In December 2022, she launched her coffee table art book with a team of curators and specialists at The National Library, Singapore. This landmark occasion was officiating her decade long international journey in the world of visual art. The book titled “ Unmasking the Spiritual Self” is a memoir, which has received a heartwarming response worldwide.
- This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my sub-conscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life. Sometimes my artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.
- My belief is that art is a very powerful medium of communication and all arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that era. My artworks reflect a third dimension which the audience reflects upon, as they attempt to unravel my themes. I primarily focus on the bounty of nature. As a responsible individual, I feel that giving back to Mother Earth is a must. Also I feel strongly about conservation of natural resources and sensitizing future generations on this.
- During the global lockdowns of nations due to the Covid- 19 pandemic, humans have connected via virtual mediums. This has helped us tap into our sub-conscious communication skills. While this unexpected situation made us realize the value of life, humanity has miles to go before it realizes “oneness” with the Universe. It was this very purpose which drove me to launch an art book in Singapore talking about my spiritual connection with nature & the universal energies.
- I regularly contribute to charities that create positive social impact & participate in their events. I’m also a certified Kundalini Reiki Level 1, practitioner.
Featured in Publications:
- Colours Canvas magazine - New Delhi
- Indian Creative Minds magazine - New Delhi
- Art & Design magazine - New Delhi
- Cosmopolitan magazine - New Delhi
- The Hindustan Times daily newspaper
- The Times of India daily newspaper
- The Asian Age - India
- Dainik Jagran Hindi newspaper – India
- The Morning Standard - New Delhi
- The Sunday Guardian newspaper - New Delhi
- The Daily News, Jamshedpur - India
- The Hindu newspaper - India
- Jansatta Hindi newspaper - India
- Virat Vaibhav Hindi newspaper – New Delhi
- Country and politics/ online magazine
- Jaamzin online art magazine - Singapore, November 2020
- The Ekphrastic review – online poetry magazine , December 2020
- Art feature in Lux Lucet, International art magazine- London, February 2021
- Artist Talk Magazine, theme of “ People & Places” highlighting the beauty of Singapore – January 2022
Exhibitions & Collaborations
- Debut Solo show “In Transcendence” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, India, December 2013.
- Group exhibitions at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi, April & October 2014.
- Group exhibitions at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, April 2014/March 2015 /March 2019/March 2020, October 2021.
- Solo show title “An Inner Journey” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Group exhibition title “Art Kettle Garden” painting on kettles for sale, in collaboration with:
“Bachpan Bachao Aandolan” (all proceeds for helping victims of under-age child labor) along with Mr. Kailash Satyarathi (Nobel Laureate) & Kala Care Group at The India International Centre (IIC) Convention Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Group exhibition, title “Artists for Nepal”, fundraiser for Nepal earthquake victims at The India Habitat Centre(IHC)Convention Centre, New Delhi, July 2015.
- All Women’s Group show at The Art Junction Gallery, The Lalit Hotel, New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo show at The Taj Bengal Hotel Kolkata, India, November 2015.
- Group exhibition title “Ray of Hope” with Kala Care Group, highlighting the need for eradicating illiteracy in India, The American Centre, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo show title “A New Dialogue” highlighting the plight of Mother Earth & how humans face it’s backlash, at The Alliance Française De Delhi, January 2016.
- Participation at Art Camp title “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, at Jamshedpur headquarters, India, February 2016.
- Group exhibition title “Art Insight Medium” at Balgandharva Kaladan, (Maharashtra), India, October 2016.
- Group exhibition at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy of Colors”, New Delhi, February 2017.
- Solo show title “Monsoon Magic” at The Holiday Club(members only) New Delhi, August 2017.
- Solo booth at Knotty Tales lifestyle show, at The Marriot Hotel, Gujarat, India, August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela, organized by Lalit Kala Akademi Delhi, inaugurated by Vice President of India, Mr. Venkaiah Naidu, participation by Parul Mehra, at group exhibition hosted by The Art Mall gallery, At, Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, (IGNCA)New Delhi, February 2018.
- Solo booth at public arts festival “Imagine”, with The Hindustan Times newspaper, New Delhi, March 2018 & February 2019
- Group show title “Grey”, with Kala Care group, bringing awareness to the hazardous air pollution in India, at The Triveni Kala Sangam, Cultural Centre for Arts, New Delhi, May 2018.
- Solo show with Imag India, for “Clean India Campaign” at Constitution Club of India, New Delhi, August 2018.
- Solo show, title “Dreamscapes” at The India Habitat Center(IHC) Convention Centre, New Delhi, November 2018.
- Solo show in collaboartion with Imag India at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi, November 2018.
- Solo show at Marwah Studios, Film City, Noida (New Delhi), January 2019
- Solo show at, The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, January 2019.
- Group exhibition title “Charulata”, Bristol Hotel, Gurgaon (New Delhi) May 2019
- Solo show at The Mongolian Embassy, on World Environment Day, New Delhi, June 2019
- Participation in online group exhibition title “The Spirit Remains Unlocked” for The Art Route gallery, July 2020
- Participation in online group exhibition title “Confluence of Expressions- I,II & III”, by Zervas Art Club, March & July 2021/March 2022
- Participation in International exhibition title “The rule of Narrative -II” March 2021
- Group exhibition online title “And she slays the demon”, charity fund raiser for Covid 19 in India in collaboration with Singapore RED CROSS, May 2021
- Indian High commission project, title “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” for marking 75 years of India’s independence, at The Indian Embassy, Singapore, February ’22
- Group exhibition at “India Arts Festival”, Bengaluru, May 2022.
- Artsy online, solo show title “Natural Entity”, January ’22
- Art profile on Saatchi art.
- Art profile on ArtMo.
Other art & culture related activities:
- Artistic Partner for TEDx Talks, New Delhi (2016)
- Art Facilitator for Dreaming Child Productions(Musical theater), New Delhi (2017)
- Inaugurated Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, New Delhi (2018)
- Radio interview at Marwah Studios Film City, for Women’s Empowerment in India, January 2019.
- Participant at panel discussion for women empowerment, at The Constitution Club of India, New Delhi, December 2018.
- Participant at panel discussion, “Yes I Bleed Campaign” to support cause of menstrual hygiene of under privileged women, at Delhi University, January 2018.
- Tv interview with Delhi Doordarshan (national tv channel in India) for cultural programs.
- Mentoring under-privileged female art students for “Sarvam Foundation”, India
- Art featured in calendars for charity by “Little India Foundation”, all sale proceeds for homeless street children in India.
- Panelist at webinar on “World Environment Day”, hosted by ICHR, June 2021.
- News editor for “Passage” magazine, run by Friends of Museums (FOM) part of National Heritage Board, Singapore, March 2023
Member of the following organizations:
- Council of Architecture (COA), India
- Life member at The Alliance Francaise De Delhi, India
- Friends of Museums, Singapore
- National Gallery, Singapore
- National Library, Singapore
Title “Unmasking the Spiritual Self”
Seminar at The National Library Board, Singapore, December 2022
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded by Tata’s office in Jamshedpur at “All India artist’s annual workshop” featuring only 21 artists chosen pan India, February 2016
- Awarded by Imag India for spreading message of Clean India campaign. Constitution Club of India, August 2018, New Delhi.
- Award for “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan” (save & educate the girl child campaign) on the occasion of late Prime Minister of India, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, Delhi December 2018.
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida (New Delhi) at inaugural ceremony of Delhi International Arts Festival
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida (New Delhi) at the 12th International festival for Cellphone Cinema
- Awarded by NGO Rajasthani Academy, at The India Habitat Centre, at Naari Gaurav Sammelan,( Women’s Day celebrations),New Delhi, March 2019
- Awarded by The Mongolian Embassy, New Delhi, June 2019.
- Awarded by AAFT, “Dr. Sarojini Naidu International award for working women”, Delhi, September 2021.
Selected Institutional patronage
- Taj Hotel, Kolkata, India
- Tata Steel Company headquarters, Jamshedpur, India
- The Mongolian Embassy, New Delhi, India
- The Indian Embassy, Singapore