Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
Age: 40 Years
- Graduated from Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi.
- B. Arch from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, Gurgaon, New Delhi.
Mobile: +65 88780419/ +91 9818099331
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Twitter : https://twitter.com/parul_mehra
About the Artist
Parul Mehra is an architect & visual artist by training. Her architectural studies enhanced her experience with colours, textures, materials & dimensions. While working successfully in the construction & interiors industry, she was drawn towards the bright world of Art.
- “This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my subconscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life.”
- “Sometimes my artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.”
- I believe that Art is a very powerful medium of communication. The arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- My artworks reflect & resonate a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel my themes.
- My colour palette is bright. I believe that if an artist is intrinsically blithe then the artwork created by that artist can create an aura of positivity around it.
- Collaborating with like minded gallerists/ curators / artists all over India & Singapore gives me immense pleasure. I believe in creating social impact through art & often associate with relevant social causes.
- Some publications where my work has been featured: Colours Canvas / Creative Minds / Art & Design.
Exhibitions & Collaboration
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “In Transcendence “ at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature , New Delhi, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club Gurgaon, along with Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition of paintings “An Inner Journey “ at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Paintings were selected by the NGO ‘Khushii’ for charity auction in Pune, January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition with the Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” along with the NGO ‘Bachpan Bachao Aandolan’ & Nobel laureate Mr.Kailash Satyarathi at India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Product Exhibition at Chattarpur, New Delhi, April 2015
- Group exhibition for Nepal earthquake, India Habitat Centre, Visual Arts Gallery - “Artists for Nepal” , New Delhi, July 2015.
- Exhibition at Art Junction Gallery, Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at Taj Bengal, Kolkata, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “Ray of Hope “at the American Centre with Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue “at Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participation art camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, February 2016.
- Group exhibition – “Stree “, at Art Mall, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition with “Art Insight Medium “(AIM) at Balgandharva Kaladaan, Pune, October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studious , Noida , November 2016.
- Collaboration with Art Throng, Mumbai.
- Collaboration with Rugs & Beyond, New Delhi
- Online collaboration with “Bestcollegeart.com“ Delhi based company
- Artworks exhibited online, decotarium.com, Goa.
- Collaboration with H II H , studio Mumbai , October 2017.
- Artistic Partner for TEDx event at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi, December 2016.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy Of Colors “ , New Delhi , February 2017.
- Art Facilitator for theatre production with Dreaming Child Productions, Delhi June ‘17
- Group Art Show- Elegancy of Colors, at Centrum Mall Gurgaon, Golf course road, May 2017.
- Art show – Monsoon Magic in collaboration with Purple Sunshine, at The Holiday Club, Panchsheel Enclave, New Delhi, August 2017.
- Knotty Tales group exhibition at The Marriot Hotel, Ahemdabad, Gujarat, India- August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela : Group show at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts , New Delhi – February 2018
- Public arts festival “Imagine “ at Nehru Park, New Delhi, in collaboration with “ The Hindustan Times “ – March 2018
- Triveni Kala Sangam, exhibition titled – “GREY“, May 2018, Group show, with Kala Care group
- Art exhibition with Imag India, for clean India campaign – August 2018.
- Dreamscapes Solo show: India Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, New Delhi – November 2018.
- Solo exhibition, Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath, New Delhi . November 2018.
- Group show, India Habitat Centre with Inner Art Konnect, Open Palm Court, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition, Marwah Studios, Film City , Noida , January 2019
- Solo exhibition, The Rara Art House Café, Connaught place , New Delhi, January 2019
- Solo booth – Imagine Arts festival, The Hindustan Times publication, Nehru Park, New Delhi, February 2019.
- Group show, Arpana Caur’s Academy of Arts & Literature., March 2019
- Group show, Arpana Caur’s Academy of Arts & Literature., April 2019
- Show “ Charulata “ at hotel Bristol, Gurgaon, May 2019
- Exhibition for World Environment Day, at Mangolian Embassy, New Delhi, June 2019.
- Duet show, Monsoon edit at The Rara art house cafe, New Delhi, July 2019.
- Working as Art Consultant for a project dealing in European art with a collector.
- Conducted art & story telling workshops with kids – summer camp, New Friends Colony, New Delhi (2012)
- Inaugurated Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, Noida, December 2018.
- Radio & Tv show at Marwah Studios Noida, for women’s empowerment, January 2019.
- Member of group & panel discussions for women empowerment, December 25th, birthday celebrations of late PM Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Constitution Club of India, December 25th 2018
- Conclave member and participant at panel discussion at Delhi University, January 2019, in collaboration with “ She Wings “ - Yes I Bleed campaign
- Working in collaboration with art curators based in Goa / Delhi / Mumbai
Upcoming art shows/projects
- All India Women’s group show, at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Fine arts & Literature, March 2020.
Member of the following organizations
- Council Of Architecture, India
- MSVVA : Modern School ,Vasant Vihar , New Delhi. Part of Alumni magazine Editorial Board
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi , Lodi road : New Delhi
- Divyashakti (NGO) , one of the founding members
- Artist In Residence – Imagindia organization based in New Delhi
- Member of National Art Gallery, Singapore
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded by Imagindia for initiating & propagating Clean India movement, through Art. August 2018, New Delhi.
- Received award for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan under the aegis of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, December 2018.
- Drafted proposal for Arts & Culture in Delhi, for manifesto by Congress Party, as part of round table discussion with Shri Shashi Tharoor. (Member Parliament)
- Awarded at Marwah Studios, Film City Noida, inaugural ceremony of Delhi International Arts Festival.
- Awarded at Marwah Studios, Film City Noida, for inaugural ceremony of 12th International festival of cellphone cinema.
- Awarded by Rajasthani academy., New Delhi, at India Habitat Centre, at 6th NAARI GAURAV SAMMELAN, March 2019.
- Awarded by Delhi Lions Club & Mangolian Embassy, June 2019
Important collections & collectors
- Taj Group of Hotels, Kolkata
- Tata’s group of companies, Tata steel, Jamshedpur
- Mangolian Embassy, New Delhi
- Vasant Valley School, New Delhi
- Alliance Francaise , New Delhi
- General G. D. Bakshi, retd. Indian Army, Gurgaon
- Dr. Anupam Sibbal, Director Apollo group of hospitals, Delhi
- Rajasthani Academy, New Delhi
- Khushii charitable Foundation, New Delhi
- Mr. Sandeep Marwah, owner Marwah film studios, Noida
- Mrs. Roopa Sood, Interior Designer, New Delhi
- Mr. Bindeshwar Pathak, Founder Sulabh International
- Ms. Karnam Maleshwari, International wrestler, Delhi
- Dr. Shikha Sharma, owner dr. Shikha’s Nutri choice clinics
- Mr. Varun Monga, Rara, The Art House cafe, Connaught Place, Delhi