Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
- Graduated from Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, India
- B. Arch from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, Gurgaon(New Delhi), India
About the Artist
Parul Mehra is an architect and visual artist by training. Her architectural studies enhanced her experiences with colors, textures, materials & dimensions. While working successfully in the construction & interiors industry, she was drawn towards the bright world of art. She is currently working out of Singapore & New Delhi.
- This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my sub-conscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life. Sometimes my artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.
- I believe art is a very powerful medium of communication and all arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- During the global lockdown of nations due to the raging Covid 19 pandemic (2020), it has been observed that all art forms have been a great leveller for individuals to bond & connect virtually. This deep connection can only be attained when the arts are given a serious role in the development of society.
- My artworks reflect & resonate a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel my themes.
- My colour palette is bright with varied hues & I believe that if an artist is intrinsically blithe then the artwork created by that artist can create an aura of positivity around it !
- Collaborating with like-minded gallerists & curators internationally is an exciting way for me to connect with art lovers worldwide. I believe in creating social impact through art & often associate with relevant social causes which are charity based & aim to make a difference in society.
- Publications where my work has been featured :
- Colours Canvas magazine - New Delhi
- Indian Creative Minds magazine - New Delhi
- Art & Design magazine- New Delhi
- Cosmopolitan magazine- New Delhi
- The Hindustan Times publication
- The Times of India daily newspaper - India
- The Asian Age - India
- Dainik Jagran Hindi newspaper – India
- The Morning Standard - New Delhi
- The Sunday Guardian newspaper - New Delhi
- The Daily News, Jamshedpur - India
- The Hindu newspaper - India
- Jansatta Hindi newspaper - India
- Virat Vaibhav Hindi newspaper - Delhi
- Country and politics online magazine
- Jaamzin, online art magazine - Singapore, November 2020
- The Ekphrastic review – online poetry magazine , December 2020
Exhibitions & Collaboration
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “In Transcendence” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club Gurgaon(New Delhi) with Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society ( AIFACS) Gallery, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy OF Art & Literature, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS) Gallery, New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition “An Inner Journey” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Paintings for NGO “Khushii”, Pune ( Maharashtra ) January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” along with the NGO “Bachpan Bachao Aandolan” & Mr.Kailash Satyarathi (Nobel Laureate) at The India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Product Exhibition - Painted kettles at a group show, New Delhi, April 2015
- Group exhibition, fundraiser for Nepal earthquake victims, along with gallery Blueprint 12, at The India Habitat Centre - “Artists for Nepal”, New Delhi, July 2015.
- Paintings exhibition at The Art Junction Gallery, The Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at Hotel Taj Bengal, Kolkata, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “Ray of Hope” at The American Centre, along with Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue“ at The Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participation at Art Camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, India, February 2016.
- Group exhibition – “Stree”, celebration of International Women’s Day at The Art Mall, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition “Art Insight Medium” at Balgandharva Kaladan, Pune (Maharashtra), October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studios, Noida, ( New Delhi), November 2016.
- Collaboration with H II H retail store, Mumbai, October 2017.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy of Colors” , New Delhi, February 2017.
- Group Art Show, at Centrum Mall Gurgao n( New Delhi ), May 2017.
- Solo art show – “Monsoon Magic” at The Holiday Club, New Delhi, August 2017.
- Knotty Tales lifestyle show, solo booth at The Marriot Hotel, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela: Group exhibition,at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, New Delhi – February 2018
- Solo booth at public arts festival “Imagine”, with “The Hindustan Times” newspaper – New Delhi, March 2018
- Triveni Kala Sangam, group exhibition titled – “GREY“, in collaboration with Kala Care group, New Delhi, May 2018.
- Solo exhibition with ImagIndia, for clean India campaign, at Constitution Club of India – New Delhi, August 2018.
- “Dreamscapes” Solo show, at The India Habitat Center, New Delhi, November 2018
- Solo exhibition along with ImagIndia at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi, November 2018.
- Group show at The India Habitat Centre, collaboration with Inner Art Konnect, Open Palm Court, New Delhi, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition at Marwah Studios, Film City, Noida (New Delhi), January 2019
- Solo exhibition at The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, January 2019.
- Solo booth at “Imagine Arts Festival” , along with The Hindustan Times newspaper, Nehru park, New Delhi, February 2019.
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Fine Art & Literature, celebration of International Women’s Day, New Delhi, March 2019
- Group show “CHARULATA”, Bristol Hotel, Gurgaon( New Delhi), May 2019
- Solo exhibition at Mongolian Embassy, for World Environment Day, New Delhi, June 2019
- Duet show, Monsoon edit at The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, July 2019.
- Group show: All India women artist exhibition, on Woman’s Day, at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, March 2020.
- “The Spirit Remains Unlocked” online group exhibition for “The Art Route”, July 2020
- Online exhibits on Saatchi art, August 2020.
- Online exhibits on ArtMo social art portal, September 2020.
- Conducted art & story telling workshops for kids – Summer camp, New Delhi (2012)
- Artistic Partner for TEDx Talk at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi, December 2016.
- Art Facilitator for theatre production with Dreaming Child Productions, Delhi June ‘17
- Online exhibition with Rugs & Beyond, Retail store, New Delhi, July 2017.
- Online exhibits, www.decotarium.com, Goa, (Maharshtra), August 2017.
- Inaugurated Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, Noida(New Delhi) December 2018.
- Radio & TV interview at Marwah Studios Film City, for Women’s Empowerment in India, January 2019.
- Member of panel discussion for women empowerment. The Constitution Club of India, in lieu of late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth celebrations, New Delhi, December 2018.
- Member of panel discussion, Delhi University, “Yes I Bleed Campaign” to support cause of menstrual hygiene of under privileged women, January 2018.
- Tv interviews with Delhi Doordarshan & other channels for cultural programs. Participated in online interviews with “Spirit remains unlocked” curator Ms. Lubna Sen, during the Covid 19 lockdown. (June/July 2020)
- Mentoring young students for art, along with Sarvam Foundation, New Delhi
- Collaborations with Artiste Culture for online projects & art mentorship program.
- Art Calendar 2021 for Little India Foundation. Sale proceeds for charity.
- Art feature in Lux Lucet magazine, International art magazine, February 2021.
- The Contemporary Art Collector’s book. Worldwide edition.
- Confluence of Expressions, International online exhibition, March 2021.
- The Artist Story, International exhibition, with Artiste Culture organization, April 2021.
Member of the following organizations
- Council Of Architecture, India
- MSVVA: Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi. Part of Alumni magazine Editorial Board
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi, New Delhi
- Artist in Residence – Imagindia Institute New Delhi.
- Member of National Gallery, Singapore
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded by Imagindia for spreading message of Clean India campaign. Constitution Club of India, August 2018, New Delhi.
- Award for “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan” in lieu of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, December 2018.
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida(New Delhi), inaugural ceremony of Delhi International Arts festival
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida( New Delhi) at the 12th International festival for Cellphone Cinema
- Awarded by Rajasthani Academy, The India Habitat Centre, at 6th Naari Gaurav Sammelan, March 2019
- Awarded by Delhi Lions Club and Mongolian Embassy, June 2019.
- Received certification from “Social Action Foundation”, as “Corona Warrior” spreading art through various discussions online during the global pandemic. August 2020
Selected Institutional patronage
- Taj Group of Hotels, Kolkata
- Tata Steel Company, Jamshedpur
- Mongolian Embassy, New Delhi
- Marwah Studios, Film City, New Delhi
- Rajasthani Academy, New Delhi.
- Khushii Foundation, New Delhi
- The RARA, Art House Café, New Delhi