Bio Data of Artist Parul Mehra
Name: Parul Mehra
- Graduate of Modern School Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, India
- Batchelor of Architecture from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, India
- Mixed media course, certified Learning Program, Lassalle College, Singapore
About the Artist
Parul is an architect by training. Her architectural education trained her to work with building materials, study dimensions & scale along with the understanding of spatial perspective. While working on architectural projects, she was practicing her artistic skills as a hobby. Encouraged by the response of her first solo show in New Delhi, she turned to the art world full time. She’s currently based in Singapore.
- This is an inner journey......a catalogue of my sub-conscious being & what it infers on the spiritual plane of my daily life. Sometimes my artistic expressions are decoded months after paintings have been made.
- I believe art is a very powerful medium of communication and all arts whether visual or performing can impact a generation & reflect the ideologies of that particular era.
- My artworks reflect a third dimension which the audience perceives, as they attempt to unravel my themes. My themes are focused around the bounty of nature. As a creative entity I feel that giving back to Mother Earth is a must.
- During the global lockdowns of nations due to the Covid- 19 pandemic, humans have bonded & connected via non-touch mediums. This has enhanced our subconscious telepathic communication & empathy. While a start, we still have a long way to go before we realise our oneness with the Universe
- While a lot of my work reflects the above thought process, I look forward to collaborating with like-minded artists to subtly communicate this message to the world.
- In addition, I have an eagerness to participate in art collectives / charities that create real & positive social impact
- Featured in Publications:
- Colours Canvas magazine - New Delhi
- Indian Creative Minds magazine - New Delhi
- Art & Design magazine- New Delhi
- Cosmopolitan magazine- New Delhi
- The Hindustan Times publication
- The Times of India daily newspaper - India
- The Asian Age - India
- Dainik Jagran Hindi newspaper – India
- The Morning Standard - New Delhi
- The Sunday Guardian newspaper - New Delhi
- The Daily News, Jamshedpur - India
- The Hindu newspaper - India
- Jansatta Hindi newspaper - India
- Virat Vaibhav Hindi newspaper – New Delhi
- Country and politics online magazine
- Jaamzin online art magazine - Singapore, November 2020
- The Ekphrastic review – online poetry magazine , December 2020
- Art feature in Lux Lucet magazine, International art magazine- London, February 2021
- Featured art blogs on Artiste Culture website.
Exhibitions & Collaborations
- Solo exhibition of paintings – “ In Transcendence ” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, India, December 2013.
- Group exhibition at Palms Club with Nitanjali Art Gallery, March 2014.
- Group exhibition – “Art Soul” at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy OF Art & Literature, New Delhi, April 2014.
- Group exhibition at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi, October 2014.
- Solo exhibition “An Inner Journey” at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, December 2014.
- Painting exhibition for NGO “Khushii”, (Maharashtra), India, January 2015.
- Group exhibition at Arpana Caur’s Art Academy of Art & Literature, New Delhi, March 2015.
- Exhibition Kala Care Group – “Art Kettle Garden” along with the NGO “Bachpan Bachao Aandolan” (helping victims of underage child labor) along with Mr. Kailash Satyarathi (Nobel Laureate) at The India International Centre, New Delhi, April 2015.
- Product Exhibition - Painted kettles at a lifestyle show, New Delhi, April 2015
- Group exhibition, fundraiser for Nepal earthquake victims, with Gallery Blueprint 12, at The India Habitat Centre - “Artists for Nepal”, New Delhi, July 2015.
- Group show at The Art Junction Gallery, The Lalit Hotel New Delhi, August 2015.
- Solo exhibition at Hotel Taj Bengal, Kolkata, India, November 2015.
- Group exhibition- “Ray of Hope” at The American Centre, with Kala Care Group, New Delhi, November 2015.
- Solo exhibition – “A New Dialogue“ at The Alliance Française de Delhi, New Delhi, January 2016.
- Participation at Art Camp – “Art in Industry”, hosted by Tata Steel, at Jamshedpur headquarters, India, February 2016.
- Group show – “Stree”, on International Women’s Day at The Art Mall, New Delhi, March 2016.
- Group exhibition “Art Insight Medium” at Balgandharva Kaladan, (Maharashtra), India, October 2016.
- Group show “Global Art Festival”, at Marwah Studios, Noida (New Delhi), November 2016.
- Collaboration with H II H lifestyle store, Mumbai, India, October 2017.
- Group art show at Gallery Artizen, “Elegancy of Colors”, New Delhi, February 2017.
- Group Art Show, at Centrum Mall Gurgaon (New Delhi) May 2017.
- Online exhibition with Rugs & Beyond, New Delhi, July 2017.
- Solo art show – “Monsoon Magic” at The Holiday Club, New Delhi, August 2017.
- Knotty Tales lifestyle show, solo booth at The Marriot Hotel (Gujarat), India - August 2017.
- Online exhibition, Decotarium, (Maharashtra), India, August 2017.
- 1st International Kala Mela: Group show at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, New Delhi – February 2018
- Solo booth at public arts festival “Imagine”, with The Hindustan Times newspaper – New Delhi, March 2018
- Group show titled – “GREY”, with Kala Care group, at The Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi, May 2018.
- Solo exhibition with Imag India, for clean India campaign, at Constitution Club of India – New Delhi, August 2018.
- “Dreamscapes” Solo exhibition, at The India Habitat Center, New Delhi, November 2018
- Solo exhibition along with Imag India at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi, November 2018.
- Group show at The India Habitat Centre, collaboration with Inner Art Konnect, Open Palm Court, New Delhi, December 2018
- Solo Exhibition at Marwah Studios, Film City, Noida (New Delhi), January 2019
- Solo exhibition at The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, January 2019.
- Solo booth at “Imagine Arts Festival” , along with The Hindustan Times newspaper, New Delhi, February 2019.
- Group show at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Fine Art & Literature, for International Women’s Day, New Delhi, March 2019
- Group show “CHARULATA”, Bristol Hotel, Gurgaon (New Delhi) May 2019
- Solo exhibition at Mongolian Embassy, for World Environment Day, New Delhi, June 2019
- Duet show, Monsoon edit at The Rara Arthouse Café, New Delhi, July 2019.
- Group show: All India women artist exhibition, on Woman’s Day, at Arpana Caur’s Academy of Art & Literature, March 2020.
- “The Spirit Remains Unlocked” online group show for The Art Route, July 2020
- Online exhibits on Saatchi art, August 2020.
- Online exhibits on ArtMo social art portal, September 2020.
- “Confluence of Expressions” , online exhibition by Zervas Art Club March 2021.
- Group exhibition “ The rule of Narrative -II ” with Gnani Arts gallery, Singapore, March 2021
- “The Artist Story”, International exhibition, with Artiste Culture organization, April 2021.
- Group exhibition online “And she slays the demon”, with Gnani Arts Gallery & Singapore Red Cross – fund raiser for Covid 19 crisis in India, May 2021
- International online exhibition, “Confluence of Expressions – II”, Zervas art club, July 2021
- Online art on Gumroad & ArtStation web portals, August 2021.
- Group exhibition on Gandhi Jayanti, at Arpana Caur’s Academy of art & Litrature, New Delhi, October 2021
- Conducted art & story telling workshops for kids – Summer camp, New Delhi (2012)
- Artistic Partner for TEDx Talk, New Delhi, December 2016.
- Art Facilitator for Dreaming Child Productions, Delhi June 2017
- Inaugurated Delhi International Arts festival, at Marwah Studios, Noida (New Delhi) December 2018.
- Radio & TV interview at Marwah Studios Film City, for Women’s Empowerment in India, January 2019.
- Participant at panel discussion for women empowerment. The Constitution Club of India, New Delhi, December 2018.
- Participant at panel discussion, Delhi University, “Yes I Bleed Campaign” to support cause of menstrual hygiene of under privileged women, January 2018.
- Tv interviews with Delhi Doordarshan for cultural programs.
- Mentoring students along with Sarvam Foundation.
- Collaborations with Artiste Culture for art mentorship program.
- Works featured in Art Calendars by “Little India Foundation”. Sale proceeds for charity for homeless children in India.
- Panelist on webinar on World Environment Day, hosted by ICHR, June 2021.
- Kids art workshop at club 1880, July 2021, Singapore
- Art calendar , Little India Foundation, January 2022
- Solo show at Club 1880, Singapore
Member of the following organizations
- Council of Architecture (India)
- Alliance Francaise De Delhi, New Delhi
- Imag India Institute, New Delhi.
- Member of National Gallery, Singapore
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded by Imag India for spreading message of Clean India campaign. Constitution Club of India, August 2018, New Delhi.
- Award for “ Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Andolan ” in lieu of late Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday, ( for Women Empowerment) December 2018.
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida (New Delhi) inaugural ceremony of Delhi International Arts festival
- Awarded at Marwah studios, Film City Noida (New Delhi) at the 12th International festival for Cellphone Cinema
- Awarded by Rajasthani Academy, The India Habitat Centre, at 6th Naari Gaurav Sammelan, March 2019
- Awarded by Delhi Lions Club and Mongolian Embassy, June 2019.
- Received certification from “Social Action Foundation”, as “Corona Warrior” April 2020.
- Awarded by AAFT, “ Dr. Sarojini Naidu International award for working women”, September 2021.
Selected Institutional patronage
- Taj Group of Hotels, Kolkata
- Tata Steel Company, Jamshedpur
- Mongolian Embassy, New Delhi
- Marwah Studios, Film City, New Delhi
- Rajasthani Academy, New Delhi.
- Khushii Foundation, New Delhi
- The RARA, Art House Café, New Delhi